SIDC staff is honoured to operate and maintain the first
privately owned industrial park in Egypt, on a prime site spanning
of about 8.7 million square meter of land which attracts local and
international investments by using "customized opportunity base
approach", providing quality infrastructure, optimizing use of
resources and preparing profitable integrated business environment
for its clients. Below are some points stated to declare
transparency of all SIDC financial and legal activities:
- SIDC'S Authorized Capital is 1 Billion EGP; Issued Capital is
100 Million EGP, paid in full.
- SIDC did not obtain any debt facilities (loans) since
incorporation, in the belief of the need to guide
its debt power (loanability) to its customers.
This has a good impact when attracting
- SIDC was allocated a total area of 21,874,800 square meters in
1998 at the first Industrial Zone, North West Gulf of Suez in
accordance with the Prime Ministerial Decree 1185/1998. SIDC signed
an Allocation Contract with Suez Governorate reflecting a land
price of 5 L.E. per square meter (paid in full) plus 10%
(successively) of any land sale revenue (only) paid to Suez
Governorate according to the payment schedule of each client.
SIDC Authorized activities:
- Preparation and development of new industrial zone in Gulf of
Suez region including; land paving, setting up its internal
infrastructure plus supplying it with facilities, providing all
necessary services for adaptation by various industries and to
divide its allocated land into parcels to dispose of it to national
and international investors.
- Establishing and operating of a residential and
services city including all its
municipal facilities, in addition to establishing,
managing and operating electrical power plants with
its transmission and distribution. Also
refining and processing, and desalination of
sea and water wells plus water
transport and distribution, sewage and industrial
waste treatment and telecommunications services and its
networks and roads.
- Performing economic and planning studies for the industrial
- Preparation of economic, engineering and technological studies
for intended projects.
- Marketing and promotion of the industrial
zone to attract capital and industrial projects.
- Management of the industrial zone and maintenance of its
infrastructure facilities and installations and providing
security and guard
- The interest of the company is to take
advantage of every inch of land. SIDC
is not a land dealer who keeps land for a period of
time just to sell it later at a higher price. SIDC adds value
by installing state of the art infrastructure and providing
administrative and logistical services. SIDC has reduced its total
area of allocated land to 10.6278 million square meters in order to
focus on the industrial development, not real estate.
- In 2003 SIDC elected to give away its right in 1,872,312 square
meters under the request of Egyptian Armed Forces and reduced the
total area again to 8,755,488 square meters in order to ensure
public benefit. Subsequently our Armed Forces were able to complete
the New Qattamia - Sokhna Road.
- SIDC developed all utilities including; roads, electrical
cables and distributers, water supply, fire fighting, irrigation,
telecommunications, waste water, natural gas networks as well as
water pumping stations and sewage treatment plant.
- In the belief of the importance of the environmental dimension,
SIDC invested in constructing a sewage treatment plant, licensed
non hazards solid waste landfill, and in an industrial waste water
- SIDC constructed the first licensed labour housing in Sokhna
with capacity of 2400 inhabitants.
- SIDC has been successful in attracting and retaining 21
national and international clients who produce a wide range of
products (see list of clients). These products range from
petrochemicals such as anhydrous ammonia, urea and sulphuric acid
to construction products such as precast concrete, ceramics,
silicone, high voltage electric cables, steel structures, aluminium
sections and glass as well as bus assembly & oil
- As per the Egyptian Export Council Q2/ 2011 statistics, SIDC is
the home of the 1st and 3rd highest single exporters in Egypt
- SIDC currently initiates investment and development in
diversity of fields including; electrical appliances, cereal
production, metallurgy, warehousing, meat processing, textile
fibres, recycling, organic fertilizers, ware houses and
- It is SIDC's credibility and confidence that has attracted the
initial mass of industrial development to the project. Being always
one step ahead of competition has secured SIDC the opportunity to
attract premium industrial investments from the very first day.
Yet, SIDC's commitment and track record of creating a sound
development team will continue to grow and attract investors from
all over the world.
- SIDC is subjected to financial supervision
of external auditor, that completed the 2010 audits. Also all
the due taxes and insurances are all paid in accordance to Egyptian
- Clearances and permits that are required for SIDC
activities are all ongoing and renewed regularly.